The legacy of Picture You in Agriculture programs is the
- young agricultural leaders we empower to advance Australia’s sustainable agricultural future.
- the school students we equip through our in school programs with 21st century skills who are inspired to be active agents of social and environmental change.
- perception that agriculture is an exciting industry
- where innovation, disruption and creativity are fostered,
- where careers with purpose can grow limitlessly and
- where partnerships across sectors are encouraged and nurtured
This year to help amplify #youthinag voices we joined forces with the first NFF2030 leaders cohort and the team at AgriEducate.
We are very excited to see both Matt Champness from NFF2030 Leaders cohort and Guy Coleman from AgriEducate have made it through to the finals of the People’s Choice for evokeAG. Future Young Leaders Program
Please help us to help Matt or Guy to ptich their big idea at Asia Pacific’s biggesst agrifood tech event in February 2020 by voting for them here
This is why Guy thinks you should vote for his pitch
Bringing out the FarmR in everyone.
At its peak in 2014, Farmville had over 50 million active daily users, even today the number hovers around 20 million. It shows that Facebook users are giving up their time to grow virtual crops, raise virtual animals, market virtual grain and develop a virtual farm all for virtual credits. In a complete contrast to this virtual agricultural engagement, consumers are disconnected from food production more than ever. How does this happen and how do we fix it? Well, social media has been widely touted as the newest channel of engagement, and it certainly helps farmers connect and reach into otherwise unreachable areas. But what if we could take this one step further and employ the latest in connectivity, virtual/augmented reality and robotics and set up what I like to called – FarmR, real farming done virtually. If fortunate enough to be selected for evokeAg, I’ll be discussing the seemingly futuristic ways of engagement and how we can bring together technology with consumer interest to push agriculture into a true 4.0 industry.
You can vote for Guy here
Next we will share with you why Matt thinks he has the next big idea
#YouthinAg #StrongerTogether #YouthVoices19