in 2017 the NSW Department of Education issued an evidence-based review of the key skills for the 21st century. These skills include critical thinking, conscientiousness, collaboration, creativity, and problem solving. To ensure our young people can meet the requirements of the new work reality, education systems around the world have shifted the goals from teaching knowledge to learning skills about how to use knowledge in real-life situations.
For the last ten years Picture You in Agriculture has been helping teachers meet the 21st century needs of their students and bridge the gaps between agriculture and education by running in-school programs with real world impact that combine art, agriculture, sustainability innovation & leadership
In 2019 we will be rolling out our Primary School program Kreative Koalas – Design a Bright Future Challenge in Western Sydney and the Hunter
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST ARE NOW OPEN FOR THE KREATIVE KOALAS DESIGN A BRIGHT FUTURE CHALLENGE
Kreative Koalas is an innovative STEM project-based learning program that focuses on the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
It empowers teachers to engage young people with a diverse range of academic skills, provides them with teamwork, problem solving and communication skills and a creative vehicle to design real world projects that have real world impact.
Competing for cash prizes and the title of Grand Champion Kreative Koala schools are:
- Provided with a blank fibreglass koala for students to create an artwork on or to use as the subject of an artwork which focuses on a sustainable development goal.
- Paired with Community Champions, business and community groups who hold the knowledge, wisdom and experience to assist the students to learn about local projects which are already addressing Australia’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) commitment.
- Supported to empower students to co-create a project that they design, own and deliver either in-school or out in the community with their intergenerational mentors.
- Provided with a vehicle for students to communicate what they learn in fun and creative ways to a broader online audience and their local community.
- Supplied with a resource kit with curricular connections and Matisse paints.
See the Power of the Koala here
For more information visit the website www.kreativekoalas.com.au
To receive a copy of the Expression of Interest brochure and the application form please contact the program director Lynne Strong firstname.lastname@example.org