Here at Art4Agriculture HQ our family farm produces the milk that sustains 50,000 people in Sydney everyday. It is what we do. Like all Australian farmers its our job to keep families healthy – bringing them fresh, safe & nutritious, affordable, ethically produced food and fibre every day.
In some ways our team, and every other Australian food and fibre producer, is responsible for the health, and wealth and happiness of Australians, and many other people around the world.
It’s a big job – and going to get a lot bigger over the next 20 – 50 years and we couldn’t do it without the support of the wonderful natural resource management professionals we tap into for knowledge and skills to help us keep our landscapes healthy and our waterways clean.
So the Art4agriculture team is thrilled be a proud supporting community partner of this awesome new initiative L.I.F.E aka Landcare Is For Everyone.
LIFE is about people across Australia, just like you, getting involved in Landcare in their everyday lives.
Young Farming Champions and Young Eco Champions at The Crossing at Bermagui
We all know planet earth is struggling to maintain the balance of LIFE for all of the species that call it home. Here in Australia our fragile landscape is under constant pressure from an ever-growing and consuming, modern way of life. Landcarers everywhere are working together to maintain the health of their local environments, but the time has come for everyone to help maintain the balance of LIFE by becoming involved and thinking about their actions each and every day and what impact they have.
Whether you live in a city or a one pub town, on the beach or on a station, in the Top End or the Island State, this website is designed to give you ideas on what you can do or how you can join others in caring for the land and our environment, because after all, the land is the reason we exist and the reason we continue to survive. Getting involved in Landcare and getting involved with LIFE means many different things to different people, but one thing for sure is that no matter who you are or where you live, there’s a way that you can make a difference. There’s a way that you can help.
- Check out your local council website and see what environmental or sustainability events and workshops you can attend. You can even be involved in Landcare in your own backyard!
- Is there a Landcare, Bushcare, Coastcare or other environmental community group in your local area? Why not get in touch with them and see if you can lend a hand?
- It’s not all about weeding and planting you know. Volunteer groups need all types of help – can you write, publish and distribute a newsletter? Maybe you can update a website or help with accounts? Whatever you can do, there’s a way you can help.
- Are you a farmer witnessing erosion and land degradation on your property? LIFE is just what you need. Contact your local Catchment Management Authority or Natural Resource Management organisation- (Opens in a new window) today, or maybe there’s already a Landcare farming group in your area who can help.
- Maybe you love surfing and swimming but hate seeing your beach covered in other people’s litter? Get together with some likeminded people and set up a Coastcare group today. Together, we can make a difference.
These are just a few of the many, many ways that people can get involved with LIFE. For every local environmental problem, you can bet there’s a group of people who want to take action to help fix it, and you can be part of this action. LIFE is about the land, and the land is what gives us LIFE, so why not get involved in maintaining the circle of LIFE?
See how Art4agriculture HQ is playing their part here
Landcare is LIFE. Landcare is for everyone.